The Africa ClimAccelerator is a 6-month long program that focuses on supporting 15 innovative, climate-focused early-stage ventures in Africa. Qualified startups must put the objective of enhancing sustainability at the forefront of their own mission and growth.
Startup founders, across a variety of sectors, whose innovation matches well with Africa ClimAccelerator vision will need to address at least one of Climate-KIC’s Impact Goals:
- Promote retrofit and decentralized energy
- Nurture nature-based resilience for cities
- Accelerate sustainable urban mobility
- Make agriculture climate-smart
- Reform food systems
- Nurture forests in integrated landscapes
- Build circular material flows
- Reduce industry emissions
- Reboot regional economies
- Mainstream climate in financial markets
- Receive up to €12,000 in grant funding, and access to follow-on funding opportunities
- Attend customized workshops and training to accelerate your startup by experts from across Climate-KIC, GrowthAfrica, and the Carbon Trust
- Enjoy one-on-one mentorship with experienced business and technical mentors active across the climate innovation ecosystem
- Participate in peer-to-peer learning with high-growth climate startups from across Africa
- Receive financial readiness support and connect with the climate investors most active across the continent
- Have access to a growing community of leading actors and partners in the fast-growing climate tech ecosystem in Africa and internationally
To qualify, your startup must:
- Develop a transformative climate solution that brings social and environmental value in the themes of land use, circular economy, blue economy, energy efficiency, or other climate themes.
- Be registered or plan to register (by end of the program) in any African country
- Have proof of concept exists, (ideally) with a proven need for the solution, main pain points mapped, feedback/ validations already received from potential customers, a tested prototype/minimum viable product created, and a roadmap designed.
- Have at least one member of the team being full-time on the business/project
- Willingly participate in the program activities which will be fully delivered in English
Applications for the Africa ClimAccelerator program close on Sunday, November 7, 2021. Click here to apply.