Global Center on Adaptation (GCA), African Development Bank (AfDB), and Climate Investment Funds have launched the second edition of the African Youth Adaptation Solutions #YouthAdapt Challenge.
#YouthADAPT Challenge is an annual competition and awards program for youth-led enterprises (50% women-led) and seeks to boost sustainable job creation through support for entrepreneurship and youth-led innovation in climate change adaptation and resilience across Africa.
This challenge is part of the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program YouthADAPT Flagship Program.
The YouthADAPT Challenge 2022 invites young entrepreneurs and Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) in Africa to submit innovative solutions (products, services, tools) and business ideas that can drive climate change adaptation and resilience across Africa.
Admissible solutions can represent:
- An adaptation solutions business that has not been scaled and is not in widespread use
- An existing resilience and adaptation solutions business or product
- A commercially viable means to raise awareness or scale uptake of specific adaptation solutions.
To qualify for the #YouthADAPT Challenge, interested applicants must be:
- Youth-led, with applicants aged between 18 and 35
- Delivering climate adaptation or resilience solutions addressing real-life challenges
- Legally registered and operating in Africa
- Able to show revenues for at least two years
In this edition of the challenge, 20 innovators will emerge as winners at an award show and will have access to post-award support in the forms of:
- $100,000 each in grants
- Capacity-building and training
- Mentorship and coaching to support their climate change adaptation innovation across their community and Africa.
Interested applicants can apply here: www.youthadapt.africa. The application closes on the 4th of October 2022.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.