In commemoration of the upcoming World Environment Day and its annual theme, the Tunza Eco-generation and Samsung Engineering jointly with United Nations Environment Program have launched “The 14th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition.”
Youths between the ages of 14-24 all over the world are invited to show their desire to act on Ecosystem Restoration for future generations by writing an essay. No entry fee is required.
The Tunza Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition aims to collect the ways to prevent, halt, and reverse the degradation of ecosystems by requiring them to think about the various reasons why bringing back a healthy ecosystem is imperative for them and future generations.
Inspiring and creative stories on ecosystem restoration – Sharing stories, commitments, and reflections on how you and other young people are taking action in protecting the environment and restoring ecosystems.
- Entrants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essays online
- All entries must be original works, in English
- Entries should not have been previously published in other professional media
- Each entrant may submit only one essay
- Plagiarism and off-topic will result in disqualification
- Entries must be from 800 to 1000 words in length. This does not include referencing such as footnotes and bibliography.
- All entries must be double spaced in Times New Roman 12pt, with numbered pages in one of the following formats. All other formats will be disqualified.
(i) MS Word
(ii) Word Perfect
Note that the personal information in the entry must be correct. If the competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.), the prize will be canceled and be automatically given to the next runner-up.
To submit your essay,
- Sign up on tunza.eco-generation.org
- Once done, sign in and click the Application form tab.
- Applicants must write their motivation to join the competition (less than 50 words) in the ‘Content’ box and attach their essay file in the attachments column.
Entries for the Tunza 14th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition close on Monday, August 16, 2021. Announcement of results will be made in October 2021.