Hello, readers. Hope y’all had a great weekend.
Welcome to #SolutionMonday on CleanbuildVoices!
For those who don’t already know, #SolutionMonday has been specially arranged to give our readers solutions they can easily apply to better their environment. A healthy environment makes for healthy living, right? So, for today’s special, we’ll take you through the process of managing your electronic waste.
You know how frustrating it gets when you have tons of damaged electronics products– mobile phones, old TVs, laptops, and other stuff- lying around the house with no place to properly dispose of them. Well, this short piece will give you a few pointers on how to reduce your electronic waste.
- Be a smart consumer: Do your homework before buying a new product and make sure it’s one that won’t break easily or become damaged as soon as you purchase it.
- Reuse as often as you can: If it gets totally bad, send it to a local e-waste recycler to make something out of it.
- Preserve the life of your electronics: Buy a protector, keep your device clean, and avoid overcharging the battery.
- Limit the number of electronics you own: If you don’t really need an extra device look for devices that have multi-purpose uses.
- Donate outdated electronics to avoid cluttering your home.
- Sell your gadget for scrap if you don’t need it anymore.
Watch this space, as we’ll be back for our #SolutionMonday special next week.